Tonight at AUGG Cédric Tabin presented us his “massloading API”, (MASAPI project) for AS3.
The target of the Masapi is to provide a complete framework dedicated to the management of the massive loading into a flash/flex application. It is designed to be as easy as possible to use but also to be as flexible as possible.
There are the main features that the framework supports :
- Multi files download (GlobalSequential MassLoader)
- Overall progress
- Parallel files management
- Priority of a file
- Cache management
- Supported load managers : URLLoader, Loader, Sound, URLStream
- Pause/Resume the massive loading
- Application file dependencies
The API is composed of 27 classes and 13 interfaces, all done by Cédric!
In two words: manage a large amount of files to be loaded, manage their dependencies in one well done API.
Great work Cédric!
More information about his API on Google Code as the MASAPI Project
Soon the video of his presentation will be uploaded on AUGG