I’ll post some tips about testing during the time I learn. So if you have any comments or tips to add, feel free to comment!
Here a 10 values I submit to test a textfield:
- An empty value ()
- Zero (0)
- A string made of whitespace ( )
- String containing spaces (foo bar)
- Name containing special chars (♥♠♣♦)
- Chars with accents ( ä, ö, ü / Ä, Ö, Ü, ß, Ñ, Á, Â, Ã, À, Ç, É, Ê, Í, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ú, Ü, œ, æ, à, â, ç, é, è, ê, ë, î, ï, ô, û, ù, ü, ÿ)
- ‘Foreign’ chars(新 闻 – भारत)
- A string length between 0 and 255 chars
- A string length bigger than 255 chars
- A string length bigger than 99999 chars
Have more general test for texfield in mind?
It’s nice to know that you’re well at Micro$oft.
For your tests, I have the 11th :
A String which is a number 😉
Very correct Fab 🙂
Yea, some dev folks overlook the fact that you can put this in the text fields:
Does some interesting things when you do.
OK – was putting body text brackets for html in front of and behind the HI.
Very good point, inseting HTML or injecting SQL can be interesting tests to pass, depending of the context.
Thanks for highlighting this.